The Lone Star EMMY Educational Foundation proudly offers an Educational Scholarship program to college students pursuing a career in the television industry. Lone Star EMMY will award scholarships of up to $2,500 each to qualified students chosen by our Scholarship Committee. . The Foundation will annually review the amount of the scholarships.
To be considered for a scholarship, a student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Student must be in good standing (not on academic probation) with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Student must be currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning in the State of Texas at a junior level or above.
- Undergraduate students must have two (2) academic semesters remaining when the scholarship is awarded or be enrolled in graduate school.
- Student must be majoring in Radio, Television, Film; Broadcast Journalism; or related major.
- Student must submit at least two letters of recommendation from faculty, employers or internship supervisor.
- Student must submit a 3 page essay responding to these questions.
- Why did you select the television industry as your career choice?
- In what television/related activities have you participated whether in school or outside of the classroom?
- What is your first job preference after college and why?
- What is your ultimate career goal?
The application form and all enclosures must be postmarked by Monday, June 13, 2016. The applications should be sent to:
Lone Star EMMY Scholarships
P.O. Box 192393
Dallas, Texas 75219