Welcome to EMMY Express, your online solution for fast, easy submission of EMMY Entries. EMMY Express has been upgraded to provide an easier, faster submission process. All NATAS Member’s Information will be auto-filled in most of the fields required in EMMY Express. If you do not want to join NATAS, you must become a Registered User to use the upgraded system. You will not be charged a fee, but you will be able to login with your email address and password to access EMMY Express.
Please follow instructions provided.
EMMY Express now has a Login Procedure; you must be a Member or Registered User. Login into the system using one of the following two options, then click the “Login” button below or if you don’t already have an account (NATAS Membership or registered user) you maybe become a member, renew your membership or registered user, links are provided.
*Your membership must be paid through 2018 prior to completing the entry form to receive the member rate. If you are joining NATAS for the first time or are a returning member, you must pay membership dues prior to completing the entry form to receive the member rates.
Submitters, Entry Title, Submitting Organization Information
Submitter’s Login Information is provided on top of the page, along with submitted entries. Once an Entrant has started the entry process and proceeds to the next page, your entry has been saved in the system. The saved entries will be available in the Submitted Entries Box.
Please provide requested information for each field provided and continue to the next page. Click “Go to Next Step” button.
- Reminder don’t use quotes or all caps for your entry title
- Submitting organization is the name of the company actually handling the submission (might not be the station/cable company where the entry aired)
- If you are using the “station dashboard” you’ll want to select the organization from the drop-down menu
Entry Specifics, Submitter’s Info, Member Entrants
Please provide requested information for each field provided and continue to the next page.
- Must enter: length, air date, producing organization
- Submitter’s information will be auto-filled, please make sure the information is correct
- You must enter month, day and year for the air date in this format: 01-01-2009. If you can’t remember exact date, make your best guess. For composites enter the earliest air date of items included on entry.
- Description/ Précis is not required but suggested, but if you plan to include the information, type it in here. It will print out on the entry form.
- Submitter is the person typing the info into the Emmy Express system.
Click “Are you an Entrant?” Box for all the Submitter’s Information to be auto-filled in Entrant 1 fields
Click “Go to Next Step” button.
Add Entrant Information
On the Entrants information page, all the information is required. This is the page that you verify member’s to receive member rates. You will be able to change the order of the entrants in the next step if you wish. You also have the ability to delete an Entrant if you submit the wrong information. Please follow instructions provided.
Member Rates: Verify membership using “Quick Add Member”; fields will be filled in automatically from the Membership Database.
Non-Members Rates: All fields must be entered manually.
QUICK ADD MEMBER: Add a New Entrant by entering Email Address OR Member Number and Last Name. Click ADD ENTRANT, verified Member or Registered User will be added at the end of the Entrant list.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: It is required that you verify memberships once you have Quick Added Members. Once verified, each member will receive Member Rates.
Non-Members information will need to be added manually for the next available Entrants. Information Required includes Entrant’s Name, Entrant’s Organization, Entrant’s Role, email address, address, and phone number. Some fields are optional.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must Save Entrants Information to move to the next page, once the information is saved a “Go to Next Page” Button appears.
You must fill out required fields, if you do not type in any of the required info, you’ll get an error message when you click on “Go to Next Page” When you go back to fill in the information, you must select “Verify Membership” again and Save Entrants (Save yourself the extra work and make sure you type in all required info!)
Fee Summary and Entry Review: Please review your entry information to ensure it is correct and modify the order of your entrants, if needed, before proceeding to the next step which submits your entry. You will be able to change the order of the entrants below the Entry Information. Click and drag the entrants in the order preferred. Please check the Fee Summary for the Entry to confirm the correct Entry Rate has been assigned to the Entrant. If you need to make a correction, use the “Go Back To Previous Page” Button.
A confirmation copy of the entry will be emailed to submitters email address. Once your entry has been submitted and reviewing your invoice below, select one of the two options at the bottom of the page to either go back to add another Emmy® entry or proceed to choose a payment option.
Choose a Payment Option
OPTION 1: SINGLE PAYMENT: If using the option of Single Payment, the next step will ask if you want to make a full payment. Choose Full Payment by Check or Credit Card.
Pay Online Now With A Single Credit Card: When you click “Pay Now”, you will be taken to a secure payment page where you will enter your credit card information.
Credit Card: When you click “Pay Now”, you will be taken to a secure payment page where you will enter your credit card information. Fill out Credit Card Holders Name and Billing Address. Make sure your street address and zipcode match your credit card.
Summary: Congratulations! Your transaction has been completed and payment receipts have been emailed to you from Emmy® Express and Authorize.net. Thank you for your payment! You will be able to get a Printable Emmy® Entry Invoice/Receipt.
Pay By Mail With A Check: Enter the name printed on the check and payment amount. Once name has been provided, you will be taken to the next step: You should see “You have chosen to pay by check.” This completes your Emmy® entry submission and payment selection process. Get Printable and Emailed Payment Instructions to “Pay By Check.”
OPTION 2: SUBMIT MULTIPLE PAYMENTS: If using this option, an email will be sent to all entrants on the Entry, providing a link to make a payment. Please follow the instructions provided on the page.
Place check marks beside the items below to be paid with this payment and if partially paying for an item, enter a lesser amount than the Fee for that item. “Calculate Total Payment.” It will give you the “Total Payment” amount that will be charged on this credit card. If you would like to select another amount select “Back to Reselect” to make revisions. Or select” Pay by Check or Credit Card” to be taken to next step.
You will receive an email confirmation of your entry/entries.
The email will include the following links:
*Use this link to upload your video file
*Use this link to modify your entry until June 6, 2016.
*Use this link to print a copy of your entry (actually just your entry form!)
*If you still need to pay, use this link to go to the payment process
The email will also have your entry info as well as your invoice #.
Have questions? Need help? Contact: Emmy® Awards Administrator at email@example.com
How do I upload an Entry?
After you have submitted your entry you will be brought to the Payment Summary Page. You will find a link to Upload Video, click that link. You will also receive an EMMY® Express – Email Copy of EMMY® Entry receipt and the link will be provided at the bottom to upload your video entry. This will bring you to the Welcome to the EMMY® Express Video Upload Process page. Please read and follow the instructions provided:
NOTE: You can only upload 1 video entry at a time; you have 3 opportunities to upload, after 3 attempts you will be locked out and must use “Contact Us” to have your uploads reset, so you can try again. Patience is key during video upload.
STEP 1: VERIFY THE ENTRY YOU WILL BE UPLOADING
Make sure you have the e-mail Copy of your Entry. This is where you will reference your Entry ID number and submitter’s e-mail. Both are ESSENTIAL to begin the uploading process. The e-mail also includes a link to upload your video if needed.
On this first page you need to:
- Select the entry category from the drop down box.
- Enter the ENTRY ID Number
EXAMPLE: H-02-04 (H-02 is the category and 04 is the entry number.)
- Enter the e-mail address that you provided on the entry form.
- Select the Box that you “Agree to the Terms” of uploading video.
Video File Upload Recommendations:
- The video file size should not be larger than 2 GB for ease of uploading.
- The video width should be 768 or larger for better viewing experience for the judge.
What format do I use to upload my entry?
STEP 2: REVIEW VIDEO FILE UPLOAD INFORMATION
After reading through the instructions on the page and confirming your entry information in the box at the bottom, click on Proceed to Upload Video.
- Select your video from your computer files by Browsing, be sure that you are uploading the correct file type.
- Click on UPLOAD
The Screen will change to show a status bar indicating where the video is in the upload process. Wait for video to upload. Depending on the size of your file it should only take a couple of minutes, however, the longer the entry, the longer the upload process.
Video Encoding In-Progress
- Once uploaded, the screen will change for encoding. The status will indicate “processing” until the video is “ready.” (This process will take on average about 2 minutes for each minute of video to complete the 2 encodings, but can take considerably longer if the server has a backlog of encoding.)
- You can keep your browser open while the video is processing; or, you can use the link at the bottom of the page to monitor the encoding process (a new tab/page will open in your browser); or, you can close your browser at this point and return later to finish the approval process.
- When the status shows “ready,” click on the thumbnail or “click here to play video” link to play the video. Watch all the way through. What you see is what the judges will see. Make sure your video has audio all the way through.
*If the link does not appear, there was an encoding problem.
- After watching your video, click on the “Approve or Disapprove Video” link.
Step 3: COMPLETE THE UPLOAD
- If the video uploaded and played properly and you approve, select Approve.
- CLICK FINISH
- If you do not Approve- select “Reject and Delete.” Your video will be deleted and you can upload your video entry again.
- You have 3 opportunities to upload and approve your video. Once approved, or you’ve uploaded your video 3 times, you will not be able to upload again.
- Please Use Contact Us to have options reset so you can complete the process.*IMPORTANT: Your video is NOT available to the judges until you approve it!
You will receive an e-mail confirmation once you have completed the upload and approved your video. Your entry is now ready to be judged.
I have already submitted my Entry, how do I upload my video?
Proceed to the Upload Process and follow the instructions provided above.