How do I upload an Entry?
After you have submitted your entry you will be brought to the Payment Summary Page. You will find a link to Upload Video, click that link. You will also receive an EMMY® Express – Email Copy of EMMY® Entry receipt and the link will be provided at the bottom to upload your video entry. This will bring you to the Welcome to the EMMY® Express Video Upload Process page. Please read and follow the instructions provided:
NOTE: You can only upload 1 video entry at a time; you have 3 opportunities to upload, after 3 attempts you will be locked out and must use “Contact Us” to have your uploads reset, so you can try again. Patience is key during video upload.
STEP 1: VERIFY THE ENTRY YOU WILL BE UPLOADING
Make sure you have the e-mail Copy of your Entry. This is where you will reference your Entry ID number and submitter’s e-mail. Both are ESSENTIAL to begin the uploading process. The e-mail also includes a link to upload your video if needed.
On this first page you need to:
- Select the entry category from the drop down box.
- Enter the ENTRY ID Number
EXAMPLE: H-02-04 (H-02 is the category and 04 is the entry number.)
- Enter the e-mail address that you provided on the entry form.
- Select the Box that you “Agree to the Terms” of uploading video.
Video File Upload Recommendations:
- The video file size should not be larger than 2 GB for ease of uploading.
- The video width should be 768 or larger for better viewing experience for the judge.
What format do I use to upload my entry?
Aspect Ratio – The player uses 4:3 aspect ratio. 16:9 aspect ratio video will be letterboxed in the player.
- The aspect ratio of the original source video should always be maintained when it’s uploaded: Uploaded videos should never include letterboxing or pillarboxing bars. The player automatically adds black bars so that videos are displayed correctly without cropping or stretching, whatever the size of the video or the player.
- If letterboxing is added to a video before it is uploaded (to create a 4:3 video from a 16:9 master for example), the widescreen player will add pillarbox bars too, resulting in black bars all around the video (windowboxing) and a bad viewing experience.
STEP 2: REVIEW VIDEO FILE UPLOAD INFORMATION
After reading through the instructions on the page and confirming your entry information in the box at the bottom, click on Proceed to Upload Video.
- Select your video from your computer files by Browsing, be sure that you are uploading the correct file type.
- Click on UPLOAD
- The Screen will change to show a status bar indicating where the video is in the upload process.
- Wait for video to upload. Depending on the size of your file it should only take a couple of minutes, however, the longer the entry, the longer the upload process.
- Uploading the video can take a very long time if the video is more than 2 GB. It could take a long time if your internet connection is slow.
- Please note the status bar MIGHT stop moving, but that DOES NOT mean the file isn’t uploading.
- After the video has been uploaded to the system, THEN it will be encoded to a file that will be judged.
- The screen will change for encoding. The status will indicate “processing” until the video is “ready.” (This process will take on average about 2 minutes for each minute of video to complete the 2 encodings, but can take considerably longer if the server has a backlog of encoding.)
- You may keep your browser open while the video is processing; or, you can use the link at the bottom of the page to monitor the encoding process (a new tab/page will open in your browser); or, you can close your browser at this point and return later to finish the approval process.
- When the status shows “ready,” click on the thumbnail or “click here to play video” link to play the video. Watch all the way through. What you see is what the judges will see. Make sure your video has audio all the way through.
*If the link does not appear, there was an encoding problem.
- After watching your video, click on the “Approve or Disapprove Video” link.
Step 3: COMPLETE THE UPLOAD
- If the video uploaded and played properly and you approve, select Approve.
- CLICK FINISH
- If you do not Approve- select “Reject and Delete.” Your video will be deleted and you can upload your video entry again.
- You have 3 opportunities to upload and approve your video. Once approved, or you’ve uploaded your video 3 times, you will not be able to upload again.
- Please Use Contact Us to have options reset so you can complete the process.*IMPORTANT: Your video is NOT available to the judges until you approve it!
You will receive an e-mail confirmation once you have completed the upload and approved your video. Your entry is now ready to be judged.
I have already submitted my Entry, how do I upload my video?
Proceed to the Upload Process and follow the instructions provided above.